Updated: Sep 3, 2019
So all you need is a battery wrap, a pair of tweezers or something similar and a hair dryer. Naked flames are very hard to use and you will probably find you make a few holes every 2nd wrap.
You should try to check your batteries every time you recharge them, its a good habit to get into.
If you drop them, bounce them struggle with getting them in and out of the charger or device check them. Any exposed metal on that battery surface can lead to a short circuit.The battery can short and can cause the flammable electrolyte inside the battery to heat up. Once it gets to hot, chemical reactions can cause it to heat up even more and then its out of control. This is called thermal runaway which can end in an explosion or fire —which becomes bigger once its exposed to oxygen. Have a look on you tube for 18650 venting or thermal runaway if you aren't yet feeling the need to check those batteries already in your mods.
Now if you find one that's battery wrap is damaged then you need to go through with changing it out so the above doesn't occur.
- Be careful when taking away the damaged wrap, try not to use sharp objects as a slip may scar the outside of the battery. In such a case get another battery & discard that one.
-Always keep a hold of the white or black O-ring on the positive terminal as
this is a further shield against damage to the wrap from above pressure & if the Positive
is pushed inwards it gives a bit of further protection to the cell as what it covers is negative
So it is important to keep that and reuse it with the next wrap.
- I always make sure of equal overhang of wrap & shrink the bottom end first, just so when you have that O-ring in place you aren't also having to balance out the overhang of the wrap.
- Then placing the O-ring on top of the positive side of the battery & holding it in place I
shrink the top side.
- Then its just a matter of ironing out the bumps which will happen by just going over the battery
with the dryer a few times.
- Make sure there are no bulges or un-shrunk bits on the wrap & its good to go. Make sure to visually check over the battery again to make sure there hasn't been any damage or heat spots that have opened that wrap up.
ONCE AGAIN - USE OF THESE BATTERIES AND RE-WRAPPING THEM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE DOING THIS OR STILL FEEL IT ISN'T DONE PROPERLY BY THE END OF THE PROCEDURE THEN DISPOSE OF THE BATTERY ACCORDING TO LOCAL LAWS.
This is how I change my wraps, I am not a professional or been trained by anyone in the art of battery wrapping, therefore = *The information and materials contained on Atomic Vapours website are provided for general information only and should not be used as a basis for making purchase decisions or vaping lifestyle decisions. Any advice or information received via this website or otherwise provided should not be relied upon solely. Please attempt to do independent research, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from action taken, or not taken, in reliance on information or materials contained on this website.
Support your local Aussie Vape store, because the Gov't won't.